Sunday, November 14, 2010

Two Announcements and a Bottle of Champagne

I suppose the time has come to announce a couple of BRILLIANT things that have finally happened in my writing life:

1. My story "Kafkaesque" is soon to be published in Etchings 9. I have just seen the proofs and they look fantastic! I am proud and honoured that my story was selected by Etchings fiction editor Glenys Osborne, whose debut novel Come Inside was shortlisted for the Commonwealth Writer’s Prize in 2010.

2. My story "Exhibition" will appear in Best European Fiction 2011, published by Dalkey Archive Press and edited by Aleksandar Hemon. I've known this for a while but now that my words of wisdom are officially up on their website, I can also officially announce it to the world!
World, please note - yes, please note, that my work will be in the same anthology as Nora Ikstena from Latvia, a whole list of talented authors across Europe, and -wait for it-- Hilary Mantel, author of Man Booker prize winner Wolf Hall.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on the highest heels that I can find and open that bottle of champagne...

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic news, Nora, congratulations. I hope you enjoyed the champagne in high heels, and didn't trip!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! thanks Ethel. And yes, I survived the "high heels and champagne" combination ...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo-hoo, two bits of brilliant news! I am delighted you're going to be in BEF because I think you're definitely one of the best things happening in europe right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful news! Congratulations! Hope you did a happy dance in those shoes ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I was just reading about Best European Fiction 2011 a few hours ago. I thought it was interesting then - now I know you're in it, I will definitely be buying it.

    ReplyDelete